Saturday, June 11, 2005

 

ID Cards and the database state

DogHorse and I have made a tribute to Charles Clarke, his ID cards and puppy pianists (900KB Flash). Warning: contains British politicians in sparkly spandex.

The Very Model Of A Modern Labour Minister

I get rather annoyed at the naive and flawed logic used to promote ID cards.

Grrrr. I could go on and on but I won't, anger isn't conducive to coherence. I have another site about this at silly government containing lots of links to informative sites and articles if you want to find out more, but I will stop ranting here. Go and watch the dapper dog sing and the puppy pianist play. They're lovely, and it's surprisingly rant free.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Terribly off-topic, I'm afraid, but here goes: I feel that the song's melody is a total rip-off of Tom Lehrer's Element Song from the sixties, and should be attributed as such.

Apart from that, I think the piece was very entertaining and well put together.
 
The tune is from the Major General's Song in Pirates of Penzance by Gilbert and Sullivan. Tom Lehrer also used it for the Element Song. As it has been used in parodies for many years and our title was a variation on the first (and well known) line from the song it didn't cross our minds to explicitly state it. As it has now crossed my mind I have added a Major General's Song link to the animation page.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?