Friday, October 28, 2005

 

The trauma of typos in triplicate

Those of you who pay attention to my stuff will probably have seen the Charles Clarke Modern Labour Minister animation. I know this because I'm a nosy person and know how busy my site is and how many people have watched it. Lots. I also know that the net is full of pedants. Jam packed full. They email me to tell me things such as "your mouse is playing the kazoo the wrong way" or "strictly speaking Kilroy was a politician first, before he was a low grade TV presenter".

So... why did nobody bother to tell me that two words were the wrong way round in every instance of the "In fact without one you'll become a practical nonentity" line. I'm appalled. Truly appalled. I blame DogHorse.

I have, of course, fixed it now but not before it's been sent off for a film festival, included on a DVD and shown on the BBC. Oh, the shame!

Still, I must move on and so must you. I recommend heading over to a somewhat old, but capacious handbag. I have been somewhat absent from my usual online haunts recently due to business and busy-ness and it was most enjoyable to stumble across this earlier. It's the recently created blog of Miss Prism, the lovely writer of many a fine satirical ditty, baker of fine shortbread, queen of SCIENCE and voice of Sylvia Spankhurts.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?