Friday, November 18, 2005

 

Public protest against torture

Those of you who have watched the animation below will be aware that I have some concerns about the countries to which the UK is deporting people. The good thing is I'm not alone. There's a public protest in London on Sunday 27 November 2005. You can read more about it over at Amnesty.

"The UK Government is seeking agreements to return people to countries known to use torture. Agreements have been signed with Jordan and Libya and are being sought with Algeria and other countries. They are not worth the paper they are written on. [...] Now is the time to tell the UK Government: Don’t turn a blind eye to torture"

[Update: Related article at the BBC]

Writing this reminds me that I have been verging on serious recently. It happens, but shouldn't overwhelm so let me assure you that some silliness is on its way.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?